Sunday, July 17, 2005

'I wonder anybody does anything at Oxford but dream and remember, the place is so beautiful. One almost expects the people to sing instead of speaking. It is all like an opera.'
-William Butler Yeats



Today I spent the day on the Cherwell.
He rowed, I watched from his clubs house.
Then he took out a boat and we went punting-he punted (is that right?) and I read aloud and drank wine.
-And yes I did try myself for a bit, but it is quite difficult and I actually lost the pole to the mud at one point and we had to circle back and pull it from the water.
Thankfully the poles float.

I've come all the way to the UK and am now sunburned.
:(

Tonight we visited the Eagle and Child for a weekly literary meet up.
Apparently C S Lewis, and Tolkein both attended these meetings back while they were here.
It was interesting in a scholarly sort of way, but the boys lost my company after the 2nd hour and I went out to the courtyard and joined a table of Irish lads who are traveling around the UK on holiday.

Tomorrow we are leaving town to visit a palace that is in the area, and tomorrow afternoon I am finally going to see this damned dodo that has been haunting Jeff for the last few months.


Hope you are all doing well-having a lovely time and miss you much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home