Tuesday, August 16, 2005

"Mr. Allen, this may come as a shock to you, but there are some men who don't end every sentence with a proposition."


Today I was feeling, for the first time, that I had been dumped by a woman.
Turns out that I had not been dumped, just that cell technology prevented my re-affirmation of self-worth in regard to my 'family'
It's true, that Saryn is all I have ever known as a sister.
I'm over protective, I crave her opinion, and I feel an unprecedented need to take care of her.
(It also makes me FAR too over protective of her)
but so goes life.

So tonight we had a girls night out-
and there was drinking
and catching up
and gossip



I love my gals



They help to keep everything in perspective-
(sometimes I forget what I'm NOT committed too-
I KNOW that-
but what my limitations are)

so we're out,
we hear Duckie is sad,
he can't join us.

Take a survey of the bar staff...

They have lots of questions for a group of gals composed of lesbians, bi, and straight gals.

It's coming up on midnight and I miss my boy.
So I call him

"Are you awake?"
"I am now."
"I'm tipsy"
"Oh yes?"
"oh yes"
"Were you a good girl?"
"Mae West type good girl, or applying for the nunnery good girl?"
"My options are Mae West or Ophelia?"
"I guess I was Ophelia while asking the bar man about adventures"

This is not the first time he has referred to me as his Ophelia, and I decide I should re-read Hamlet rather quickly to discern any possible para els between me and this girl I only know as Hamlet's driven mad lover.

I know he said he loved her, but he could not posses her due to his mad obsession of his uncle, his country, and those pesky ghosts and witches-
Where do I fit in with this type of madness?

"Why Ophelia?", I ask, "Why not some Miranda/Tempest action?"

"You siting Miranda makes me want to get legless!"

I'm far too tipsy to know what that means.

"I'm tipsy Darling! Can't you come up with some sort of pillow talk that I'm hip too?"

"Give me one more chance
And you'll be satisfied
Give me two more chances
You won't be denied

Well my heart is where it's always been
My head is somewhere in between
Give me one more chance
There will be a lover tonight"

I swoon!

-and then Saryn calls.

I should be in bed, or at least trying to sleep.
OH! How I LOVE Los Angeles, and the life I live.

Sweet dreams to my fellow west coasters, and wishes of great mornings to those cursed with only a few hours of sleep due to time zone differences and commanding attentions.

1 Comments:

Blogger kristal249claire said...

damn good blog, check out mine http://juicyfruiter.blogspot.com, comments always welcome!

8/21/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home