Thursday, September 22, 2005

"It is not good a sleping hound to wake. "



I came home to an empty house, and took advantage of the moment by calling someone many hours ahead of me, late into his night, and waking him up.

After ruining his chances of falling back asleep, I told him I had to run, and go to meet Saryn for our weekly hike.

He was not pleased.
He threatned to call me several times tonight to make sure my sleep is also interupted.
I simply planned to turn all the ringers off to insure I would hear no treacherous telephone tones.

Get back from the hike and a nice dinner with Saryn and Matt,
Plug in the iPod-hope the battery will charge.
Check email and receive the confirmation that he was indeed still awake at least an hour after I called.

Good-night? ah! no; the hour is ill
Which severs those it should unite;
Let us remain together still,
Then it will be good night.

How can I call the lone night good,
Though thy sweet wishes wing its flight?
Be it not said, thought, understood --
Then it will be -- good night.

To hearts which near each other move
From evening close to morning light,
The night is good; because, my love,
They never say good-night.


Maybe I want to stay awake afterall :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home