Tuesday, September 06, 2005

"Many things--such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly--are done worst when we try hardest to do them."


I'd seen two wonderful films in two days-


Kinsey

and

Dead Man

Kinsey was wonderfully subtle in every wonderful way.
Except that bit where the boy kissed him-I had a not so subtle response to that.

Saryn and Matt had both praised this film, and it was one of those that past me by because I could not find anyone interested in attending with me.

Kinsey test?

I've taken it-

I'm apparently more hetro than homo-which I knew-but not completely hetro-which is a good thing I think :)

Dead Man-

Thanks to falling in love (again) with the western, this film was recommended to me by the Darling Colin.
Still not sure if it's a Texan thing to love the western, or if it's just a me thing-but it's been rejuvinated thanks to Deadwood.

I've had Dead Man from Netflix for ages, and finally got around to watching it last night.
Wonderfully episodic, black and white, implied plot with great visuals and a study in interaction.
Not a typical western, which makes it a wonderfully atypical film.

I'm a fan of the spaghetti western-I hate Sharon Stone for getting to play "The Lady" instead of me.
It's magical camera work and a gritty, yet tradional in a non-traditional way sort of western with a gal as the lead.
And it's not that far off from 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly'

Ace Hanlon: You wanna play poker with me, little lady?
Ellen: Looks like you're having a pretty good time playing with yourself.

So ANYWAY 'Dead Man',

Depp stars as a normal William Blake, mistaken for THE William Blake by a Native American who in his youth was captured by the white man and taken on tour as a savage who eventually found himself in the British education system, and thus recognizes the name William Blake-
He thinks this William Blake is THE William Blake, and it is his duty to help this spirit to pass on to the next world.

Great surprise performances-Gabriel Byrne, Chris Glover, and Iggy Pop as a pair of fur trappers bitch called Sally.

How did I miss this film?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://kyhkpeyp.com/ueol/emss.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://chnsexcu.com/oitt/lvqi.html]Cool site[/url]

9/02/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

9/02/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://kyhkpeyp.com/ueol/emss.html | http://apdrbzyv.com/idyi/cjlf.html

9/02/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home