Sunday, February 19, 2006

"Travel the world, Traverse the skies"

Now that I know he has seen and downloaded the iList, I'll share the gift list I set up for Colin.

The challenge was picking songs that would confuse and delight him, while also not being something he already owns.

It was not easy.
Especially since some of the songs I'd loved to include, are songs he has already sent to me on past lists.

At any rate, here it is:

Bobby Darin-More
-It's a classic with swagger and style

William Shatner-Common People
-My favorite remake of one of his favorite songs

Love and Rockets-So Alive
-One of the first 45s I ever bought, and a song that reminds me of being out with him years ago

Roxy Music-More Than This
-A love song thats not traditional in its message of wait for whats right

Stars-Set Yourself on Fire
-Reminds me of physical and internal journies that are good to take

Blur-Colin Zeal
-It's something of a cheat, but it is rather him

Smashing Pumpkins-Stand Inside Your Love
-He hates it when I say he's too good for me, so I'll let Billy Corgan say it for me

U2-Desire (Hollywood Remix)
One of my favorite bands, with a Hollywood twist

Oasis-Fucking in the Bushes
-A song by his favorite band that is more my taste in music than his

Blur-Girls and Boys
-A song that reminds friends of me

Jahna-Flower Duet
-The original operatic is currently my favorite song

Olivia Neutron-Bomb-Darshan
-My favorite song to dance too-in the shower, out at clubs, or with The Flurry

Transglobal Underground-Jatayu
-From an album that is in constant rotation, he might as well get to like it

Karl Davis-Dublin
-The city where we met, in a style out of his comfort zone

David Bowie-The Laughing Gnome
-It's a silly song that makes me laugh



Nearly ready for another trip across the pond.

Still not sure I've packed right-

Still need to get my coat out of storage-
(yes it's February but it was 70+F this week)

While in Oxford it is meant to be:

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue
20 Feb 21 Feb 22 Feb 23 Feb 24 Feb 25 Feb 26 Feb 27 Feb 28 Feb
Few Showers Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Rain / Snow Partly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy
Few Showers Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Rain / Snow Partly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy
5°C 5°C 4°C 4°C 4°C 5°C 6°C 7°C 7°C
2°C

1°C

0°C

0°C

0°C

1°C

2°C

2°C

2°C


Still need to decide if I'm taking rain boots or not-

Still need to charge and update the iPod-

Still need to talk to the vet to find out if The Flurry is properly fucked in the food department or not.

That's not TOO much to do.

Oh-and I need to light a candle to the traffic gods that the shuttle does not hit bad traffic on the 405 and I have no problems getting to the airport on time.
And that I get a window seat.

Jeff, feed the dog.
Saryn, good luck with your show.
Ryan, try and behave.
Josh, stop making hair barrets and tutus for your dog and get out and do something.




Stay well, and I'll update while abroad-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home